Shrimp w/ homemade tomato sauce and purple kale over spaghetti squash
Posted by Lauren at 03/11/17
- This recipe serves two fit chicks!
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice Spaghetti Squash in half long ways and remove seeds. Salt & Pepper to liking and spread a teaspoon of coconut oil on top. Place in the oven right away because this takes about an hour to bake. I throw it in before a train a client in my building and its ready by the end! Not sure if its done? It will start to brown on the top and thats how you know.
- Now, start making your sauce.
- Dice Two Cloves of garlic and half a sweet onion. Slice assorted cherry tomatoes in half long ways one or two times depending on the size. Heat your fav Olive Oil on medium in a sautéed pan. Throw in onion and garlic along with chili flakes to your liking of level for spice! Let this heat up until fragrant and onion are clear. Add tomatoes and let cook until it starts to thicken. Now add one can of cherry tomatoes with juices. Break the tomatoes apart a little bit with a wooden spoon. Let cook for 5 minutes then you can add a tsp. of tomato paste to thicken the sauce. Reduce to low heat and let simmer until squash is ready OR you can turn the sauce off at this point. I am forever multitasking!
- When the squash is almost ready, go back to your sauce (if you turned it off start to heat it back up again. I used purple kale, you can use any kale you prefer. Rip it off of the hard stem into small pieces and set it aside. Rinse and dry your shrimp. Clear some room in the middle of your sauce pan and add the shrimp. Cooking until pink on one side, then flip to the other. Do not worry if they don’t look completely done because we still have one more step to go. Add the kale to the top of your mixture then cover the pan and let the kale steam cook. I hate to over cook veggies so keep an eye on it. Remove lid, stir together. Add a squeeze of a lemon slice and keep covered while you remove the squash. Serve your sauce over the squash. Add salt and pepper if you like. Enjoy!